Friday, October 21, 2011

How to Become an Effective Ambassador for Christ in Your Workplace

Each Friday morning we get to "be a student" again by going through a curriculum that CRU has set up for us called New Staff Development. We read articles, listen to sermon/talks, practice different evangelistic approaches, study the scripture. When we were first told that we are going to be going through this at the beginning of the year I have to be honest with you and say I was not at all excited. I am a slow reader, a slow processor, and never really enjoyed the "studying" part of school. Yet I found pretty quickly that Friday mornings have started to be one of my highlights of my week. It is a time where I am able to grow in my knowledge of how to do ministry and that I get to hear from other who are far more wiser and have been doing ministry for very much longer (the whole 3 months) than I have.

This morning in my time I read an article that I wish I could have read my senior year of college. Before we moved to Arkansas I had been working in retail for the previous 2 years. I constantly had a desire to do more than just go to work each day. There were many times that I tried to think of what I could do to ministry and share the love of Christ with people around me. Even though I had grown up in a missionary home I still was not completely sure how to practically share my faith with people I was around everyday.

As I read this article this morning I thought it is a really great way for people who have the desire to make an impact in their work place for Christ. Whether you have been working at the same place for year or even if you are just out of college this article could be a great jump start for you! I encourage you to read it!

Here is the link (you will have to click the download button to read the full article):

No comments:

Post a Comment