Thursday, October 27, 2011

Moken Kids



When I read my moms recent blog post it seems crazy to me that just 4 summers ago Michael and I and a group of 6 friends went and helped build 2 homes on the Moken island. When I see pictures of all the kids my heart aches for them. I have always had a heart for orphans even in my junior high years I remember volunteering at an orphanage in Thailand and loving it. There has always been a distinct tug in my heart when I read or hear stories about children who have lost their parents or do not know their parents. I am not sure if it is because I was raised with such incredible parents and couldn't imagine what my life would be without their influence or why the reason is.

I would love for you all to take a moment and pray for these children. You can click on the link to go to my moms blog so that you can see pictures of their faces. I know many of you have maybe even helped with the buiding on the Moken Island so you will even be able to relate more.


Here is the link http://mikeandjudy.blogspot.com/2011/10/defend-orphan.html


Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment